Intermediate Carbine and Pistol Course focusing on the fundamentals of marksmanship. Carbine/Pistol Course consists of 1 and half days of Carbine and 1 and Half days of Pistol. Carbine/Pistol Course covers the fundamentals for both weapons systems as well as shooting and moving, Various Positions in and around cover, Contingencies of gunfighting (strong and support shooting), reloads, kit setup and a variety of drills to reinforce the fundamentals of shooting Carbine and Pistol.
- Nunn, CO (Great Guns Sporting)
- Shooters will be able to reiterate verbally specific knowledge pertaining to the class when asked. The shooter will be able to successfully demonstrate skills/positions, using strong and support side Rifle positions. The shooter will demonstrate his ability to successfully employ his rifle during various timed events.
Method of Instruction:
- LFT uses the crawl, walk, run methodology with all weapon techniques and tactics, fundamentals and drills covered will be thoroughly explained and demonstrated prior to shooter application. Pro-timer and Shooter relay races will be used to provide the competition spirit and self induced stress replication.
Fundamentals Covered besides the Basic 8:
- Tactical application of cover with both weapons systems and various shooting positions involved, strong and support shooting, kit setup to support ambidextrous shooting, support side fundamentals, ballistic for carbine when 90 degrees, reloads, strong and support side, contingencies of one arm or hand shooting.
- Carbine with sling and optic of choice, iron sights are suitable as well. BUIS, Light or Laser if applicable. Ammunition Count 700 Carbine, 500 Pistol
- Eye and Ear Pro, gloves, battle belt with holster, body armor if applicable, inclement weather clothing, flashlight and laser if it is a night course, pen and paper and a GREAT ATTITUDE!