Intermediate pistol class focusing on the ever changing contingencies of a gunfight. The course focuses on tactical rifle drills in daylight or night conditions. It includes stationary and non-stationary positions as well as shooting in and around positions of cover. Course the 8 fundamentals as well as the Tactical application of cover with and various shooting positions involved, strong and support shooting, kit set-up to support ambidextrous shooting, support side fundamentals, long range application, reloads, strong and support side, contingencies of one arm or hand shooting.
- Eugene, OR
- Shooters will be able to reiterate verbally specific knowledge pertaining to the class when asked. The shooter will be able to successfully demonstrate skills/positions, using strong and support side Rifle positions. The shooter will demonstrate his ability to successfully employ his rifle during various timed events.
Method of Instruction:
- LFT uses the crawl, walk, run methodology with all weapon techniques and tactics, fundamentals and drills covered will be thoroughly explained and demonstrated prior to shooter application. Pro-timer and Shooter relay races will be used to provide the competition spirit and self induced stress replication.
Fundamentals Covered besides the Basic 8:
- Tactical application of cover with both weapons systems and various shooting positions involved, strong and support shooting, kit setup to support ambidextrous shooting, support side fundamentals, ballistic for carbine when 90 degrees, reloads, strong and support side, contingencies of one arm or hand shooting.
- Carbine with sling and optic of choice, iron sights are suitable as well. BUIS, Light or Laser if applicable. Ammunition Count 900 Carbine, 750 Pistol
- Eye and Ear Pro, gloves, battle belt with holster, body armor if applicable, inclement weather clothing, flashlight and laser if it is a night course, pen and paper and a GREAT ATTITUDE!