LPVO is an intermediate carbine class focusing on the ever changing contingencies of a gunfight. Covers the basic fundamentals of shooting variety of LPVO style optics from short to long Range. Fundamentals of Ballistic, optics, magnification devices, Milliradian and MOA relations and formulas. Course applies these fundamentals through variety of Target engagements from 25-600 meters. Course is designed for Carbines and 1×4 , 1-8 and fixed LPVO.
- Big Springs, IA
- Shooters will be able to reiterate verbally specific knowledge pertaining to the class when asked. The shooter will be able to successfully demonstrate skills/positions, using strong and support side Rifle positions. The shooter will demonstrate his ability to successfully employ his rifle during various timed events.
Method of Instruction:
- LFT uses the crawl, walk, run methodology with all weapon techniques and tactics, fundamentals and drills covered will be thoroughly explained and demonstrated prior to shooter application. Pro-timer and Shooter relay races will be used to provide the competition spirit and self induced stress replication.
Fundamentals Covered besides the Basic 8:
- Tactical application of cover with both weapons systems and various shooting positions involved, strong and support shooting, kit setup to support ambidextrous shooting, support side fundamentals, ballistic for carbine when 90 degrees, reloads, strong and support side, contingencies of one arm or hand shooting.
- Carbine with sling and optic of choice, iron sights are suitable as well. BUIS, Light or Laser if applicable. 4 Magazines and 1200 rounds.
- Eye and Ear Pro, gloves, battle belt with holster, body armor if applicable, inclement weather clothing, flashlight and laser if it is a night course, pen and paper and a GREAT ATTITUDE!